Friday, February 27, 2009

My Bucket List

So, I got this idea from my friend JilliAnne. I thought it would be fun to list some of the things I want to do in my life. These include goals and ambitions as well as things that I think would just be amazing to do. I think making lists like this really show what kind of person you are. What kind of person do you think I am?...

1. Travel! To see the castles of Germany and France, the Louvre, climb the Eiffel Tower, walk down Champs Elysee, visit Versailles, the landscape and greenery of Ireland, the Coliseum in Rome, Sistine chapel... you get the idea.

2. Grow an amazing garden- all colors of roses, purple and white orchids, violets, forget-me-nots, geraniums, tulips. And to have a bench swing or a little white bench. And a beautiful white arch, a brick pathway, and a little fish pond.

3. Be on Jeopardy! Winning would be out of this world too.

4. Host a truly classy black and white "mocktail" party of sorts. An actual elegant party.

5. Read some more of the classics including, but not limited to: Anne of Green Gables, Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, East of Eden (this is next on the list after I read Peter Pan!), Emma, Tale of Two Cities, etc.

6. Make my own dresses- I want to sew dresses that I'll love, that fit wonderfully, and that I can say "I made that!"

7. Learn how to cross-stitch. Not typically one for crafts like that, but I think cross-stitching can make very beautiful pictures.

8. Go rock climbing. I'm scared to do it with people who are really good at it b/c it's pretty intimidating, but I'm determined to do it!

9. Graduate. This is in sight... so close. Just give me that piece of paper that says I know stuff.

10. Cancer research. Put me nerdy love of science to good use. It's a fascinating area of research and it's one of the most valuable areas of research I feel one could go into.

11. Go to a concert of one of my favorite artists- Evanescence, Coldplay, Secondhand Serenade, Goo Goo Dolls...

12. Own a nice, yet modest home.

13. Play another musical instrument- I play piano, but I'd like to try my hand at either acoustic guitar, drums, or violin... something that doesn't require good breathing techniques.

14. Get better and more involoved in photography.

15. Work with wood- I want to build things, like tables or other productive yet beautiful pieces.

16. Write a book- I've always loved writing, and I think I'm pretty good at it. I used to write down all sorts of ideas I had for stories/novels. Uusally fantasy or mystery. I would love to actually do it someday.

17. Improve/develop painting skills- I love love love, landscape art and would love to be able to do it myself.

18. Last, but certainly not least, to find someone who wants to take me to the temple and to raise a family with.

So there you have it. That's what I want to accomplish in my life. Maybe not the most exciting things, but hey, that's me. So, what do you think?

2 comments:

Stacey Kirchner said...

1. Some day Dave will take me to Europe, when we're rich and famous.
2. We are going to try our hand at gardening this year. We'll let you know how it turns out.
3. I would LOVE to see you on Jeopardy. You go girl!
4. Am I invited? That would be so much fun getting all dolled up and seeing Dave all dolled up too!!
5. I need to do some more reading as well.
6. I'll leave the making of clothes to you. I hate sewing!
7. Cross-stitch isn't as hard as it looks. Especially if you get the ones that are stamped:)
8. I'll leave you to rock climb too...yikes!
9. You're almost there! The ending is in sight! Again, you go girl!
10. I absolutely HATE research! I'm glad there are people out there with different aspirations than mine.
11. The only concert I have ever been to was a George Straight concert when I was 14 or 15. It was okay. Would love to see Michael Buble.
12. Still waiting on that one. One of these days.
13. I was just thinking the other day that I would love to learn how to play the violin. I don't know how dedicated I would be, but it would be interesting to learn.
14-17. Again I am glad there are people out there with different aspirations than mine.
18. The man who wins your heart is going to be one lucky fellow.

You're amazing, I hope you know that, and I am so glad I have you as a sister!

Mom K said...

1.Always wanted to see the things you've listed as well as the Holy Land.
2.If someone can dig the dirt, I'd love a garden too. I would like lush greenery around my home as well and a small place for quiet meditation.
3.I will sit in the audience and cheer you on! Want me to write to Alex again?
4.I always loved entertaining. When I was single in a small little apartment by myself, I was still known as the girl who gave great parties - loved it. If I wasn't your Mom and so old, I'd totally come to your party. Instead, I'll offer you some pretty dishes and help with the food if I'm around where you are.
5.I want to read some books I have by some General Authorities. They're awesome and I need the spiritual boost.
6.I made my own dress when I lived in Provo. My boyfriend's mother like it so well she wanted to make one just like it. Too bad I'm not very talented. I'd like to be. I guess you guys will have to settle for all the dum pillowcases I've made you over the years.
7.I've cross-stitched a lot. Most, if not all, were made as gifts. If you ever want to learn, I'll teach you. Make a sampler to frame that will be in your family forever.
8.Hmmm. I think fake knees rule that out for me. I've done a lot of hiking in my time and also loved whitewater rafting.
9.Yeah, graduating is cool.I'll be there!
10.Research is tedious. I've done some tedious lab work in my time. It would be great to find a way to improve lives.
11.You'd laugh at who I've seen in concert! I'm too old! But, it was great fun.
12.I think that is a wonderful goal.Pricey is so last year!
13.Funny - besides piano, I've always wanted to learn violin too. I tried guitar briefly.
14.I'll never amount to much in that dept.
15.I've done a little woodworking. My Dad is great at it. I did enjoy doing stained glass. Go for it.
16.Write, write and write some more. I love it too.
17.Wish I had the talent. My Mom did you know. Maybe grandpa will let you have some of her supplies if he knows you're interested. There's a ton at their house.
18.I'll look forward to seeing you in the temple with the glow of happiness over your countenance.