Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be an American

So, as we all know we have a new president. As I'm also sure you're aware, I am not very happy with the decision. It makes me wonder what the crap people are thinking. Even on campus I'm surrounded by people who are ecstatic that Obama won. These are people claiming to be Christians! I honestly don't see how you can be a strong member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and be in favor of this atrocity. For one thing, he voted against banning partial abortions. That's pretty much murder. Not pretty much, it is. He's also all for homosexual marriages. Fortunately, prop 8 passed in CA as well as similar prop's in AZ and FL. That's one of the other things I don't understand about some of these liberal members of the church. They support gays "right" to get married. Why? Because we shouldn't infringe on their "right" to get married? Well, where do we draw the line then? Should we start allowing people to marry their dogs? How about marrying their first cousin? Sound disgusting, doesn't it? That's because it's unnatural, just like homosexuality. I'm not saying gays are evil, but I am saying the practice is. I recognize homosexuality as a temptation that some people have to fight through. You are NOT born that way. We are created in the image of God; "gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose". That comes directly from a latter day prophet. Back to the issue of infringing on people's rights. Should people also be allowed to steal, rape, molest, and murder? Where are we going to draw the line? I guess what these people are saying is laws are restrictive so let's not have any. Let's all just do what we want. Well guess what? That's the most moronic idea I've ever heard. When Christ rules and reigns over the Earth gay marriage will not exist, so why allow it now? Shouldn't we strive as much as we can to create a nation worthy of His presence? I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in Sodom or Gamora.

Obama also supports immigration. Well, I can't say I'm against immigration... I am the granddaughter of a German immigrant. But ya know what? My grandfather came here LEGALLY. He even learned English! Obama has voted yes to allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. What did they do to earn that? Just because you're able to hop a fence and lie you get to mooch off other people's hard work? It's legalized stealing. He also voted no on making English our national language. What the crap?! If our legal, immigrant ancestors were able to learn english, why can't immigrants now? I'm sick of hearing spanish all over the place. Having a national language will guarentee that all government and business publications will be in English. People don't criticize other countries that have a national language. When you go to France, Spain, Brazil, or Romania you are expected to be able to use the designated language. To me, it's a sign of respect when you speak the language of those you are around and associate with. In America, guess what, we speak ENGLISH. You can too.

Obama also opposes the death penalty. Well, if you've read my past blog, you know where I stand on that issue. Some people find strong conservatives, such as myself, hypocritical for being pro-life and pro-death penalty. Guess what? They BOTH are intened to protect the lives of the innocent. There's an absolutely fabulous video you should check out, which I agree with 100%. It's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93cFOjDG-Ks.

Concerning the title of this blog, "Proud to be an American", I'd just like to say I am proud to be an American. I am proud to be part of a country where we have freedom of religion and freedom of speech. I am honored to belong to a nation created by the inspiration of God. I believe the Constitution is a divinely inspired document. Our founding fathers were men of great faith. They may not have been perfect men, but they were able to be instruments in the Lord's hand to establish this nation we now have the privilege of living in. I believe this to be a choice land. I am proud of the soldiers who have fought and died to keep this a free land. God Bless America.

Well, I'm exhausted. Needless to say, I've been very politically heated recently. I'm surrounded by people at school and work who are thrilled with the new president. It's because they're ignorant. Or maybe they're racist. Or maybe they're stupid and think that because the rest of the world likes Obama, we need him as president. Because America having a president the rest of the world "likes" will make life full of sunshine and daisies. Well what if I'm allergic to daisies? Good grief. I need to do some t'ai chi or something. I'll try and make a blog one of these days that isn't so charged. I guess I'm not as laid back as I thought.

2 comments:

Stacey Kirchner said...

Amen and AMEN!!! You go girl!

Dave Kirchner said...

You know, I would have loved to see an SNL Presidential Jeopardy edition with Obama, McCain, and Sean Connery. That would have made this a bit more bearable. Oh well, let's just hope we still have the right to vote by the time 2012 comes around...