Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ahhh, the Solitude

So, the last 3-4 days I've been at my apartment by myself. Most people when they hear that go, "Aww, you poor thing!" People seem to find my being alone sad. I don't understand why. If you know me at all you know I greatly value solitude. You can get so many things done without interruptions, you can have noise on if you want or off when you don't want. Silence is entirely up to you. It's fabulous! As much as I love my roommates, I have greatly enjoyed this Thanksgiving break. I started prep-ing for it even before break. For nearly an hour on Sunday I believe, I just layed on my bed looking up at the ceiling and contemplated life. What are my plans for life? What do I plan to get out of it? How will I react when things don't happen the way I want or expect? I was basically planning to be surprised in life.

I don't know how many people are aware of what I want to do with my life... they must not be because they all keep asking. I'm in school right now, so I'm really just focusing on that right now. I anticipate finishing classes in June so that I can graduate next August. How exciting! I plan on applying for graduation after Christmas break. I plan on staying here in student housing until my actual graduation since it's pretty cheap living here during spring/summer. I want to start looking into finding a job at the hospital. If I can find a good one, I hope to start working there during spring. I'm working at the library on campus right now, and although I work with some really cool people, get paid well enough for it being an on campus job, and the work isn't too hard, I still don't want to work there past April if I can avoid it. Then in the fall I'm hoping to find my own apartment... again I love solitude. It's my turn. If (when) I make it through school I deserve to have my own place where me, myself, and I can reside quite happily. I think we get along really well. If things stay relatively uneventful like that, I am intending to head down to SUU for grad school. They have one of the best forensics programs in the nation. They actually have their own criminology lab! How cool is that?

So, yeah. Right now I just hope I can get my undergrad! I'm trying though. Well, I have to get back to enjoying my solitude.

No comments: