Saturday, November 15, 2008

Small Things in Life

So, I'm made happy by the small things in life. Seriously, you have no idea what kind of stupid things make me happy. There are some genuinely cool things that make me happy, but there are also some genuinely stupid things that make me smile too. For example, some of the cool things that make me happy are doing well in school, listening to music, watching cool movies w/ cool people. These are all pretty normal, right? Everyone likes those things. I think most people can relate to that. But there are also those things that make me happy that people might find silly. For example, I like shampoo. When I'm at a salon or a place with lots of shampoos and hair products I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'll give you a specific example of this weirdness in action. Yesterday I bought new shampoo, Dove. I was pretty excited about it. I had been wanting to buy new shampoo for a while. This morning when I woke up, I didn't really feel like actually getting out of bed. Then I remembered I had new shampoo and that got me up and into the shower. Not even kidding. I take pride in the way my hair looks and feels. It's my best asset. Right now you're probably thinking, "Wow Erika... that's pretty dumb." But ya know what? I bet you have your own 'stupid' pleasures. And what's wrong with finding joy in the small things? I also get excited if I buy new cereal or something. That can make it easier for me to get out of bed too.

So in correlation with my favorite things, I am taking on Stacey's challenge from a while ago to list my 10 favorite things that start with the letter 'E'. Here we go.

1. Erika. I'm taking Dave's suggestion and putting myself down. I like me. After all, what's not to like?

2. Edwardscissorhands. An example of some of my favorite movies. I love Tim Burton's stuff. I particularly like this movie.

3. Evanescence. One of my favorite music artists. Amy Lee is one of the few female vocalists I actually really like to listen to.

4. Energetic nephews. Seriously, Will and Aiden keep me on my toes when I'm around. It's good for me.

5. Easter. It's just a fun holiday. Full of candy, family (well, except the past few years I've been at school), and friends. And of course, it's importance in relation to remembering the resurrection of our Savior.

6. Embryos. Ok, so my embryology class is my "El Guapo" but I still like embryos. That's because they're the precursors to cute, little people. I love little people. They're like you and me, only smaller.

7. Enigmas. I love mysteries. I try and solve them. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I fail miserably. But I still enjoy them.

8. Encyclopedias. I like learning cool facts. I like specific encyclopedias like ones on health, egypt, legends, history, mythology, etc.

9. Evening-wear. I like the occasional evening when I can dress up and make myself all pretty and go show it off. Yeah, I'm vain like that. Not really, but it's fun anyway.

10. Eating. I love food. You may not realize it, but I actually do love to eat. I love pizza, yogurt, icecream, gala apples w/ vanilla yogurt, cereal, waffles, chicken, chili, pasta of all sorts, etc.

There you have it folks. You already probably knew I was easily entertained so this didn't come as that big of a shock. Well, that was fun. Told you I could write a low-intensity blog.

No comments: